highlighted.

Has anyone got a fix for this? I've never encounted this
before. The topic should appear in the pane so I can go to the next
topic. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate,

Which version of RH are you using?

There's a patch for RH 6, posted a while back, and I think it's fixed in RH 7.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer requires RH6. I'll search for the patch. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked on Adobe RH patches and didn't find any for RH6. Does anyone know where to find this patch? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge's Snippet # 49 might do it for you.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

This patch prevents that final scroll to the top after highlighting the current topic.

Harvey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have RH 7, I think you can safely substitute the new version of whthost.js from the output directory for the file of the same name in the RH 6 output directory. The code is identical except for lines 272, 426, 727, 728, and 730 all of which pertain to the vertical scroll.,

Lines 1031 and 1032 fix a problem in the horizontal display when the TOC lines are longer than the TOC pane is wide.

You can take this file from any output directory, because it is the same for all WebHelp outputs.

(As always, test on a backup copy of your output to be sure this won't break something else in the TOC display.)

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the snippit. It works in IE. Problem is... I think we have some Firefox users. I don't have RH7. I'll see if I can find it. Does that fix work in Firefox and IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, the snippit suggestion has to be reimplemented each time the help is generated. If I find the RH7 file, is it a perminent fix through any number of WebHelp generations? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kate,

Unless you upgrade to RH 7, each time you generate WebHelp you have to replace or patch whthost.js.

Far as I know, Firefox and Netscape work the same as IE on this issue.

I get no commission for this, but I suggest upgrading to RH 7. Why does the client require RH 6? Was it before RH 7 was released?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth pointing out to the customer the RH6 to RH7 upgrade is only $80?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will point out the upgrade. They looked at RH7 when it first came out and were scared off by the inital bugs. Is it pretty stable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some issues listed on my site. I am using it daily though for production and wouldn't step back to RH6. Does that help?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Kate,

IMHO, RH 6 was a life-support measure for Adobe to get something they could label Adobe RH into the market before we all jumped ship. It did make some improvements over X5.

X7 is a leap forward, fixing a lot of old stuff, introducing a new (better) interface and adding enhancements that make my life a lot better.

If "they" start talking about RH 7 "bugs" beyond Peter's notes, please post here on those issues.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp