• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player update many times but kept getting message that Flash Player is either not installed or not enabled.

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11. I'm having problem opening videos in an online learning/game program since around 2 weeks ago. Previously it was running without a problem until one day suddenly it started to show an error message: "Flash version 9,0 or greater is required. You have no flash plugin installed." I have done the update many times, and every time I got the message that installation was completed. But when I restarted the computer and tried to run the same video from the online program, the same message appeared. You tube video seems to work ok, but video in Yahoo news doesn't work with the same error message asking for an updated Flash Player.

Tried to follow the steps from Flash Player Help for installation problem (Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows) , but when I checked if the flash player is installed or not, the result is as below:

I have checked that in the browser the Flash Player has been properly Enabled.

Just now I checked to open the program with Chrome, and it works normally. So I wonder what was suddenly changed in my Internet Explorer setting that causing this problem.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi samg12,

Internet Explorer and Chrome use two different types of Flash Player (see How does Flash Player differ on various browsers? for more details).

Have you checked if ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer is enabled?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines