• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

_csh, _rsh, and you

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I surmise from RH7's goofy help that _csh.htm stands for context senstive help.

What does _rsh stand for?

I'd like to make a website out of my web help--which one should I use as the default html for the server to point to? I noticed that renaming either of them to index.html, the usual default file name in my experience, did not produce happiness (made IE hang).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first page of the wizard, the first field defines the start page and index.htm is a good one to use. The default is projectname.htm but you can change that.

RoboHelp want the HTM extension, not HTML.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a good one to use actually. Using that file results in a help file that doesn't have use of the index and search functions of the help.

But, double-clicking either the csh or rsh results in a complete help file with index and search functionality.

Any idea what rsh stands for?

>RoboHelp want the HTM extension, not HTML.

/heavy sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pass on RSH.

I use index.htm in a whole bunch of RH projects and it works just fine. You sure we are talking about the start page and not the default topic?

You should not be double clicking either of those files. Whatever you specify in the wizard is what you use, not the variants.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I discovered the problem.

RH7, inexplicably, produces two html files that I didn't notice before. For example: tech_manual.htm and Tech_Manual.htm. They are shockingly different in that the lowercase one produces an actual help file with index and search, but using the sentence case one does not. When I first posted my question, I guess I was using the sentence case html file and didn't realize it.

So ... What is this sentence case html file for? What does it do? Can I delete it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not, in a single generation, publish the same file with different case.

Sounds like somehow you have got two outputs into one folder. Create a new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That did the trick!
I'm not sure how I got two outputs into the same folder, but, a brand new folder was the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp