• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

formatting space between bullets & Numbers and text

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I go to format the spacing between bullets and numbers and the text that follows them?

Bullets and Numbers.jpg

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Open the two CSS files in a text editor and look for differences. Do the same with the topics. There will be a difference somewhere.

Post back if still stuck.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all controlled by the RH Styles and/or your CSS that's applied to the HTML pages. Does the HTML think you've got ordered lists and unordered lists in this sample?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I get, and for this I was using the default .css. But I can't believe the default would have that wide a space and when I go in to edit, I don't see any place to adjust between the list style and the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new single topic project and use the default CSS in that to recreate the same content (don't cut and paste it).

Does the problem still occur?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project and tried it and the spacing was correct. Please don't tell me my project is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the two CSS files in a text editor and look for differences. Do the same with the topics. There will be a difference somewhere.

Post back if still stuck.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it by the comparison. I found one topic that had both the correct and incorrect setting. It was in the paragraph style. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Geri

Perhaps you might consider posting the differences you found and what exactly fixed it for you? That might help others a little more down the path if they have the same issue.

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Defaults just set something up – they don’t necessarily make it look pretty. It also depends on what browser you use to look at the code too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp