• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm trying to generate a .docx file using RoboHelp HTML version 11, but RH keeps getting stuck on Saving <file name>. Any ideas?

Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to generate a .docx file using RoboHelp HTML version 11, but RH keeps getting stuck at 'Saving <file name>. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Word are you using?

Does it also stick if you try to generate a DOC file?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Word 2010. It gets stuck on saving when we try to generate a .doc and a .docx. It is a file a coworker is assigned. Adter posting this quesiton, I noticed that the RH files have tables embedded in tables and I know that Word is picky with tables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the problem is specific to this one project?

Can you post a screenshot of the dialog when it is stuck? (Use the web interface to the forum)

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening with another project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to create 2 .docx files by just using about half the files in the project and copied and pasted the content into one .docx file. Not the best work around. But OK for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally problems that are fixed by generating two documents occur during generation rather than when saving.

I think that also rules out any Word compatibility issues or the content causing problems. If that were the cause then it would occur during generation of the Word document, not at the point of saving it.

Try one thing. Generate the document and then make some very small change, add a few words somewhere, then save. After cancelling the Save operation, open the document and see if the changes were saved. I have seen problems in another app that fails to complete on screen but does save.

You say the problem occurs with another project. Is that on the same machine and does it occur on other machines from the same projects?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of generating DOCX files for the entire project, try only (say) a chapter at a time. In this manner, this might help you identify what is causing RoboHelp to stall.

Once you have isolated the bad topic, try inspecting its HTML for anything irregular in the formatting.

If you're concerned about compatibility between MSWord and RoboHelp, then you could try installing Word 2013 as a 30-day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp