• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install flash player Version 18.0.0.209

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to download and save on my win xp sp3 system. When I try to run the install I immediately get an error (download error). Under the details there is a lot of codes which I do not understand. I had no problems with prior flash players but I was forced to update due to security issues. I would appreciate any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fredg50486613

We aware of the the issue in XP systems, online installer is not working in some XP systems.

For Quick help please find offline Flashplayer installer.

Click on the following Adobe link. Go down to the bottom where it says, "Still having problems?". Click on the link for your browser.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Thanks

Sreeharsha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it but no success.I get download manager error.  BTW- I have firefox lastest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed the previous version to 18.0.0.209 and everything works. It appears that 209 is buggy. I will take my chances with the older version, atleast it works. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fredg50486613,

If you're downloading the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page you shouldn't get a download manager error as the offline installer does not use the download manager.

Can you please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the error you are seeing?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the installer error for a few months (all versions 17.x up to 18.0.0.203) both using the downloader and offline installer.

Today XP offered me version 18.0.0.209 and it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi https://forums.adobe.com/people/robert%20nl,

What installer error are you getting with the offline installer?  The online installer downloads Flash Player silently and installs it silently. This thread is for the online installer failing to download Flash Player.  If you're using the offline installer, it'll be a different error since the offline installer is a complete installer and doesn't download anything in the background.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, unable to replicate the 17.x and 18-203 error.

Will try tomorrow and post the installer error.

Problem is solved with 209, though.

--

Robert

Eindhoven, the Netherlands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines