Exit

flashplayer and Microsoft Edge

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently I've uninstalled Flash player using this guide

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Now Microsoft Edge doesn't run flash player anymore and I can't reinstall it. How do it fix it? (already enabled "Use abode flash player" in ME's advance setting )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Yes, I changed the ownership of the folders and delete them. Force installing flash player didn't fix it.

Anyway, I'd contacted Microsoft supporter and they said ME can't be reinstalled or reset in a regular way and advised me to do a system restore. Problem is solved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS windows 10 and Microsoft Edge Brower btw..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fallengt,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Windows 8 and above (including Windows 10) and considers the Flash Player files to be protected system files, which means they lock the files to prevent users from removing them and the Flash Player uninstaller does not delete these files.  Are you saying you manually unlocked the files and deleted them?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I changed the ownership of the folders and delete them. Force installing flash player didn't fix it.

Anyway, I'd contacted Microsoft supporter and they said ME can't be reinstalled or reset in a regular way and advised me to do a system restore. Problem is solved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fallengt,

Thanks for confirming.  What Microsoft support said is essentially what I was going to reply with after confirming if you had deleted the files.

There is a note at the top of the Uninstall Flash Player | Windows tech note that states the tech note doesn't apply to Windows 8 and above, but it doesn't really stand out.  I have recommended this be changed so the note is more prominent.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines