• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial RH7 - Where's the Table of Contents gone?

Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. OK Adobe, where have you hidden the Table of Contents pane? How the h*** can I work without it?

2. Are there any simple videos I can download that run through how to familiarise myself with RoboHelp 7 after using RH6? (I use HTML version for WebHelp / CHM output. )

3. I clicked "Quick Tour of RoboHelp" from the Starter page in RH7, and it takes me straight to the RH7 Sales page on the web site. Not a lot of help...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Click on the Project Pod and select the Table of Contents folder. Now double click on the toc you wish to open. This just accommodates the multiple TOC feature.

I know the MDI is different and takes a bit of getting used to; you will grow to love it.

Check out the reviewers guide found on this page.
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/
or a direct link
http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/pdfs/robohelp_7_reviewers_guide.pdf

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Craig. I double-clicked as you said, but nothing visible happened. I had to click on all the other pod tabs and close them again before the ToC appeared. Why do they make it so difficult? They don't help much by not telling us about it. I am not impressed so far...
Has anyone done a Captivate movie (or similar) that runs RH6 users through the basic differences in RH7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philip

Click View > Pods > Project Manager. Once you do this, you should see the TOC area. Expand it and double click what shows up.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reviewers Guide? 8,700+ words... Hey, I'm a writer... surely you don't expect me to read as well, do you?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as its friday then treat it as "Something for the weekend Sir" ....

I know it is a bit of a pain at first but you'll be wondering how you managed without the interface after a while.

Good luck and regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Craig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp