• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can the file extension be removed when using the File Special Field?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed a Special Field on the top of my topics that gives me the filename for that specific topic. I used the Insert > Field > Special Field > File and the File Name is inserted where I want it. The problem is that i don't want the file extension to show, just the name. I can't figure out how to do this...Any suggestions....anyone? Maybe a Script or an applet? Any input will be greatly appreciated...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way around this may be to go into the Truecode, look for the variable and change the x-value=topicname.htm value to x-value=topicname. The save the truecode and voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I did try something similar to what you suggested but the problem is that whatever I modify it automatically puts it back like it was as soon as I try to save it. This is probably because I used the Insert Special Field commands from the Menu. It automatically places this on the code:

<!--kadov_tag{{<variable name=file
x-format=default
x-value=017.htm>}}-->017.htm<!--kadov_tag{{</variable>}}-->

Where 017.htm is the actual name of the file for the specific topic. This means that it's apparently doing this on the background somewhere I can't see and inserting the value on the code for the topic...

I hope that made sense! Again, I thank you in advance for any suggestions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It worked for me. Did you save the topic whilst inside the Truecode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp