Exit

Targeting a better Search

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,
I need some guidance here...

I am documenting a propietary platform for a financial software that is downloaded upon a purchase. One of the biggest complaints our customers have is using the Search function. Upon Searching a topic, i.e. "Creating a Chart" 200+ topics are displayed because within each topic 'create' and 'chart' is being tagged in the search. As a result, topics that have no relation to "Creating a Chart" topic is being generated. Which is frustrating the customer because they are overwhelmed with all the results RoboHelp is providing them.

What are my options around this? Can I disable those buzz words ('create, chart') that are generated within other topics that have no relation to the "Create a Chart" topic? Is there anyway to tell RoboHelp to only Search titles only by default? This is a huge issue for us and I really need the best course of action around this issue.

Please help.
Terri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri and welcome to the RH community.
One option if you are using Webhelp as your output is to click this link which describes the use of ZoomSearch with a RH project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution I tried pushing here, was to eliminate the Search entirely, since we have a solid Index. I was shot down, so we went with Zoom Search, which is really neat!

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

I have a similar issue as Terri and am interested in trying Zoom Search. I found their website, but would like to review the file you mention, describing how to integrate it with RH. The link in your post is broken, however. Can you resend?

Thanks,

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might just have been down. It's working now. Look under searching on my site if you still have problems with the link.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Wow. Peter. Your instructions for Zoom Search are amazing. I don't have time to download the trial and test it now, but I've bookmarked your instructions for the future. Thank you so much. Terri, if you decide to go down this path, please let us know how it work for your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp