• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad ToC in Russian compile

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is Windows XP, with Russian MUI, Regional language set to Russian. Windows buttons and messages display in Russian. Keyboard input in Russian or English according to ALT+Shift.
On this I installed RH7 and set the default editor to be Word 2003.
On import of a Russian character Word 2003 document, the topic name is in Russian characters. On opening the topic for edit, the styles are all wrong, there is line numbering, a real mess.
On compile of my Russian project, the ToC is displayed in a strange character set, but the Index is in Russian characters.
What am I doing wrong?
Any assistance very gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I think the problem might be the regional language. I believe that may need to be English, Japanese, French or German. Waiting for an answer from a contact.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your welcome and interest. Have you any comment on the peculiar styles after import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I am linking the two. There is some information on my site about importing but I am more inclined to see if the language is the whole cause.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2008 Jan 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Troubleshooting Update:
If I first import my project using the RH7 WYSIWYG as default editor, the Russian ToC is produced. I can then change the default editor, (say, to Word2003 or FrontPage) and the Russian ToC is then preserved. Very strange!

That still leaves a css problem. On import of a Word file, the styles belong to some unknown (default?) stylesheet, and editing and correcting is an intolerable job. Why is the Word template not being imported to become the RH7 topic template?

Your assistance much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp