• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE and Windows 10 upgrade

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Windows 10 (from Windows 8.1) I get the message "Error! Check Attivation!" when attempting to add a DRM book to ADE.  My ID/password still work work for my Android device and my online account.  I also cannot deauthorize the computer without a functioning ID/password.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I posted here a few days ago about it. One person had a workaround - changing the properties of ADE to compatibility with Windows Vista - but it didn't work for me.There was another post yesterday from someone else with the same problem for whom the workaround didn't work either. It seems when a post gets a bit older, it just disappears here so both mine and the other one are gone now unless you search for them. I've never gotten an answer from Adobe even though I've tried to message some of the staff listed on these forums.You'd think that Adobe would have considered those of us who must use their product if we want to read books from our libraries offline, but it seems that isn't the case. I've bought other products from Adobe because I appreciated that they offered free programs like Reader and Digital Editions.I won't make that mistake again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input.  I'll keep searching the internet for a solution.  i'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem "check activation" but don't know where to go from there. Can't get any response from Adobe and the wait times for Windows 10 are hours long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't bother with Windows 10 support and long wait times. They told me to come here. Not their problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After waiting 2 days to talk to a tech person who tried for 1.5 hours to fix problem and couldn't as ADE is not compatible with Windows, she was able to put me back to Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and ADE does not even open for me. I receive no error messages, the program just doesn't respond. I tried reinstalling ADE with the same results. I tried troubleshooting the program and ADE was found incompatable with Windows 10. Hey Adobe, could we get a compatible version please???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Overdrive installed on my system before upgrading to Windows 10.  I switched to a browser and downloaded the ebooks to ADE, until it no longer worked properly win Windows 10.  The upgrade found the Overdrive app and loaded the latest version onto Win 10.  It also includes the Adobe ID and was authorized without further configuration needed.  Using the latest Overdrive, not the previously installed one, I was able to connect to the library, find my account and download the books.

Look for Overdrive on your Windows 10 install, get it from the store if you don't have it, and give it a try.  it works better than it used to and gets around the ADE problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Adobe is just going to ignore us until we go away or they feel inclined to fix the incompatibility of ADE with Windows 10?  I'm having the same situation, and it's four MONTHS since you and these others tried to get help from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I was using ADE 4.5 but went back to ADE 3 and that seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2016 Apr 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer I got from Chat with Adobe:

please try the following steps • Choose Start > Run. • In the Open text box, type REGEDIT and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens. • In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept • Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete. • In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just had this problem and following various suggestions read online i have managed to resolve this for myself and husbands Windows 10 laptop.

[1] Uninstall ADE 4.5

[2] Go to REGEDIT and browse to the folder on the left hand side - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

[3] Right mouse click on Adept and delete.

[4] Reinstall ADE 4.5 and the book we had been trying to download was there on the bookshelf.  When clicked on, the ebook downloaded right to the very end.

SUCCESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines