• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captioning

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2007 Jul 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Closed Captioining is the Accessibility function for Recording, I thought I would ask the question in this forum.

I have a myriad of notes in all my projects. Unfortunately, if I voice over my notes, the file expands 2 to 3 fold. Not always a good idea. However, I have all thees great slide notes that no one can see in the published product. I can put it in the Accessibility for 508 compliance, but only those few users with screen readers can utilize that method of retrieving the notes. I would like to put those notes into a closed caption, but in order to do so, I must have an audio track - that I do not wish to have.

Has anyone come up with a good method of displaying the slide notes for the viewer to see. I would like to have a scrolling colsed captioning text window that will display the notes. I have read the Help but not found this functionality in Capivate. Any ideas?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2007 Jul 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PaulFinnell

I suppose one way to achieve this would be to create some audio clips that are nothing more than silence. Then attach them to your slides and off you go.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that to begin with and figured out how to overcome some issues with doing so, but, do you have an idea on the scrolling? I can not seem to get the text to scroll. Am I missing a process step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Ahhhh, you mentioned scrolling. I offer my sincere apologies for spacing that off. There is currently no way for Captivate Closed Captioning to work that way. You would have to create your own little Flash widget to do that if that's the way you want it to work. Currently, it simply blasts one, two or three lines at a time into the Closed Captioning display area. (How many lines depends on how much text is inside the Closed Captioning segment as well as how many lines you have configured to show)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I am also trying to include non-audio notes in my project and wanted to use closed captioning as would be sufficient but i cannot do it with out adding audio :-<

Is there any way to add notes without closed captioning that can be turned on or off with CC button?

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources