• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfajax Exception thrown not caught

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the new coldfusion 8 ajax features, but I receive this error in the Ajax debug window: "window:global: Exception thrown and not caught"

The result of the ajax cfc call shows correctly in the debug window, but never makes it back to my code because of this error.

sample code:
<javascript>
function getUserName(userId) {
var myTest = new myTestCFC();

var thisUserName = myTest.getName(userId);
alert(thisUserName);
}

<in body of html>
<cfajaxproxy cfc="myTestCFC" />

Any ideas?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2007 Aug 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving the same message when binding in a cfselect tag to a cfc. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.... what ever is causing this it must be server related as one of my servers is fine but another isnt when running the same code and basic configs

Any chance of adobe jumping in here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I have encountered this. What I found out is that if I have content in my application.cfc page the results for cfselect will not make it back to the dropdowns even though the debug window shows that the values are there. I had my footer info in the application.cfc. Once I removed that I did not receive the exception. I found this from Ben Forta's blog toward the bottom of the page in the comments section.

Now that I have taken that out when I go to my form the dropdowns work correctly but when I select anything from the dropdowns I can't reference them. Such as #form.cfselected_value#. So I'm going to go back to my application.cfc and start stripping items out again to see if there is something there causing the issuse. If anyone has an answer for this please let me know.

Thanks
Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation