• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not generate code to enable one or more web fonts [Error 500].

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, My muse file when trying to export to HTML, Could not generate code to enable one or more web fonts on page... I have been working on this site for days and have had no problems with the fonts previously. This is happening when I am trying to export to HTML. I have restarted, changed my fonts, changed my fonts back to the original font. Nothing is seeming to help.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

The original bug that triggered this error for many customers from mid-July through mid-September 2015 was fixed by an update to CCLibraries that was part of an update of the Creative Cloud Desktop application that went live in mid-September 2015. Since that time there are still a few customers encountering this error. In those cases the cause appears to be a mismatch in the login status between Muse, Typekit and the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

To correct this mismatch please do the following:

1)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have the same problem. My page worked perfectly, I embeded code from typekit, created selectors and named paragraphs in Adobe Muse. And now after few days my fonts aren't the same and I have the same error. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. A few questions:

JenBeLucky: Are you seeing the same issue when previewing (Preview mode in Muse, or Preview in Browser)? Or only when you export? If the latter, could you confirm that the Site URL(s) you enter in the Export dialog are valid URLs (like www.mysite.com)?

Northary: Not sure why you are manually embedding code from Typekit and creating selectors etc. Muse automatically takes care of all of that for you. In any case, are you seeing the error for a specific font or any Typekit font? Also, do you see this on Preview or Export as HTML/Publish/Upload to FTP Host?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When this was happening, I was not able to preview it either in preview mode or in my browser, which I was using Chrome. I saved my file and opened it on a co-workers computer and was able to export to HTML without any problems. To correct my problem. I uninstalled Muse and re installed it. I hope this doesn't continue to happen. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I couldn't preview page in desired fonts and I also couldn't upload it to FTP.

I've embedded code and create selectors because otherwise it didn't worked for me. When I've done that I was able to preview specific web fonts selected in Typekit. But I just figured it out that Muse reports this only on this Web fonts and not Edge web fonts so I changed all fonts in Muse to Edge and I left selectors in kit so now it works. It's not optimal solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem that started yesterday. Everything was working fine then suddenly, I could not review or publish any page giving me the same error code – could not generate code to enable one or more web fonts (Error 500). Solution anyone?

Kimord

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by uninstalling Muse and then reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey have the same problem .. did fix it ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue when trying to publish. This is pretty sad considering this is the first site I have tried using Muse. Like the functionality of the program but if this is going to continue being a problem, I am going to stick with what has already been working. I got an error message no matter which way I tried to publish. Upload to FTP Host 2015-07-18 13-24-26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out we need to collect a few more logs to investigate this further. Please follow the instructions below (this is an amended version of the instructions posted on July 18)

1. Close Muse

2. Download the file MuseLogPrefs.xml from http://adobe.ly/1OeIMGk and MuseLogSetting.xml from http://adobe.ly/1J6Hyit and save them to your Documents folder

3. Restart Muse, open your Muse file, and preview/publish/export (whatever triggers the error)

4. Send the file MuseLog.txt from your Documents folder to muse-support@adobe.com with a link to this forum post and ATTN:Abhishek in the subject

5. Delete the downloaded files (MuseLogPrefs.xml and MuseLogSettings.xml)

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here, not ideal when i got a client waiting to see this live

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Th!nker,

If you could try the steps in my previous response and send us the log file as requested, that would help a lot.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem as others. Only started today. The fonts (Open Sans Condensed – light and bold versions) displayed perfectly in "Design" mode but caused the error when trying to go to "Preview" mode.

I quit Muse, downloaded MuseLogPrefs.xml and put in the Documents folder as you suggested, and relaunched Muse. Hit the "Preview" button waiting for the error message to appear and, bizzarely, it didn't – the site previewed perfectly.

I've quit and relaunched Muse a few times just to see if I could generate the error message but I couldn't!

Very strange... but currently fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhishek thanks so much for the download xml files suggested fix above.

I wish I hadnt waisted several hours troubleshooting this last night. I downloaded those files this morning and Bingo! Thanks!!!!

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. Is this log something I can send you as well? When you say Documents folder, do you mean the Muse folder where all the sites files are? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please send the log files. The Documents folder referred is the standard folder called "Documents" in your home directory.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek,

I have just sent you an email with the instructions. Iv been having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erique, I am having the same issue. Could you please send me the instructions as well. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carloss20889972,

Please try upgrading to the latest Muse builds (2015.0.1.22 or 2015.0.2.4). That seems to have fixed the issue for at least a few users who ran into it.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek,

I'm having the same problem and have the latest Muse build(2015.0.2.4)

Any solutions?

-Alana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a work around, I've done what Northary did and changed all my text to an Edge font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue.

Muse has an update. The update fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am encountering this same issue this morning. I am using Adobe Muse 2015.0.2.4. When I go to upload the site, I am encountering the error of not being able to generate the web font.

I have attached a screen shot.

Is there an update coming today to fix this or did I miss one?

Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 8.46.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi atssean,

[Error 0: Not connected] indicates that you were offline when this error occurred. Could you check your network connection and try again?

2015.0.2.4 is the latest version. The suggestion to upgrade was for users running into [Error 500].

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Definitely checked internet connection and I am good on all ends. It also will not let me export HTML without trying to upload to FTP and brings up the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines