• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I downloaded CS5 Design Premium Suite to set it up on my Mac, but the installer failed. Message says "'Install' is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image."

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open the CS5 Design Premium installer on my Mac running OS X. I get the attached error message. How can I install this software? I need to install it to deactivate it so I can set it up on a different computer.

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 12.17.37 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Hey LaughingManArt and Megha Rawat.

I was able to fix the problem by creating a bootable USB drive from the downloaded .DMG file (which is still too overly complicated).

In disk utility, add a usb, and erase all the contents. Once that's done, you can double click the dmg to mount the adobe files. From there, you can go back to Disk Utility, and go to the second tier of the now erased USB (probably Untitled if you didn't rename it). Click restore, and then select the CD to restore from (I'm on El

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of those helped, my installer fails to even start, so there is no log that has been created, I have downloaded the Cleaner, but there were no files for it to clean. I deleted libraries caches, which did nothing, and I downloaded and updated the Adobe Application Manager, which updated to the Adobe CC manager, which also does nothing (except allow me to install the CC Suite I pay for, but that is for another computer all-together).

I just need to deactivate this suite, which means I only need ONE working app, photoshop per say, but I cannot get anything to make it past opening the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Please remove the disk image from disk utility and try to download the application again.

Kind Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issue, I have redownloaded twice to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to create a new admin account.

Refer: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18891?locale=en_US

How to Add Administrator Accounts to Your Mac (OS X)

Try to install it .

Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I setup a new admin on my Mac, redownloaded the install file, and again had the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey LaughingManArt and Megha Rawat.

I was able to fix the problem by creating a bootable USB drive from the downloaded .DMG file (which is still too overly complicated).

In disk utility, add a usb, and erase all the contents. Once that's done, you can double click the dmg to mount the adobe files. From there, you can go back to Disk Utility, and go to the second tier of the now erased USB (probably Untitled if you didn't rename it). Click restore, and then select the CD to restore from (I'm on El Capitan beta, so it's a few different steps for it). It takes a bit to restore, but once it's done, you can launch the install from the usb now.

Megha, for your tech team (if y'all even do anything).

Mid 2014 15" rMBP

2.5 GHz i7

16GB Memory

El Capitan Public Beta build 15A262e

Surprisingly, I can install both the CS4 and CS5.5 downloads, just not CS5, which is what leads me to believe the file is buggy if it's not booted from a disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you dont need a USB. All you need to do is open the original DMG so the Adobe Virtual CD mounts on your desktop. Then open Disk Utility. Choose "New Image from Adobe CDxxxxxx". Once that's saved, re-mount your newly created disk image and the installer will launch no problem without the "damaged" installer message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Please check" PRIVATE MESSAGE".

Regards

Megha Rawat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded CS5 design premium and get the exact same message. I've tried redownloading 3 different times (my download speeds are ~1gbs, it's not my internet). I believe something is wrong with the dmg uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2015 Oct 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error. All you have to do is go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > check "Anywhere" under "Allow apps downloaded from:"

However - now that I have it downloaded - it won't totally install.  After letting it run overnight, it was only 10% complete and seemed to be hanging up, with no error.  Not sure what is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the winner! Thanks, Chari57‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get round the separate non-Adobe "cannot open by unidentified developer" problem on a disk image by disk image case basis if users don't want to add system wide risk. Right-click (option-click) the disk image and select "Open". This by-passes the security for this single item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines