• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to link a toolbar button or shortcut to a specific style

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to build a custom toolbar with buttons that select a specific style. Is it possible to link a button to a specific style from our stylesheet? Or a keyboard shortcut? Or is it only possible to open the styles menu with a button or shortcut key?

Thanks for your help.

Casper Lange

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008
Hi Topmanager Casper Lange and welcome to the RH community. Are you saying you want a toolbar to use whilst editing in the WYSIWYG? There are a series of keyboard shortcuts for use in RH which you can look up in the help. Failing that, I use Macro Express for assigning styles. It is only $40.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Topmanager Casper Lange and welcome to the RH community. Are you saying you want a toolbar to use whilst editing in the WYSIWYG? There are a series of keyboard shortcuts for use in RH which you can look up in the help. Failing that, I use Macro Express for assigning styles. It is only $40.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Please, this "Topmanager" was someones foul joke,
I have already filed a request to delete this from my screen name. So far off topic.

Thanks for answering. I found the shortcut keys for the RoboHelp default styles. As you can imagine our stylesheet is somewhat more complex than this. So my next stop will be Macro Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH are you using? Someone could come in here but I seem to remember that RH7 allows you to assign more keyboard shortcuts to styles. Before that and a macro program is the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the keyboard shortcuts for the default styles?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I'm guessing they must be documented in the help somewhere. But the typical style shortcuts are:

Ctrl+Alt+1 = Apply Heading 1
Ctrl+Alt+2 = Apply Heading 2
Ctrl+Alt+3 = Apply Heading 3

Cheers all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Helpfile
Search for Shortcut style
Open the first topic

Styles in Design Editor

Apply a style* CTRL+SHIFT+S

Apply the Normal style CTRL+SHIFT+N

Apply a Bullets or Numbering style CTRL+SHIFT+L

Apply Heading 1* ALT+CTRL+1

Apply Heading 2* ALT+CTRL+2

Apply Heading 3* ALT+CTRL+3

And Colum: we use RH7. I can define a custom toolbar, but I can only drag the style combobox to this toolbar. I cannot define my own buttons to apply a user-defined style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. I thought you had found them in the Customise dialog and I could not see them there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp