• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only 11 themes in Captivate 8?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased a monthly subscription to Adobe Captivate 8.  When I open Captivate and start a new Responsive Project, I only see eleven Themes from which I can choose.  I also see several menu options (such as Drag and Drop) are grayed-out.  Have I done something wrong?  Is this just a trial version?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Hi there

Sorry, but I have no answer on the themes aspect. It may very well be that is all the themes offered. As for things being disabled because they aren't part of a trial version, that would not be the case. The only limitations of the trial are that you cannot use it beyond the trial period as well as anything you create won't be usable after a defined period of time.

Perhaps if you could share a screen capture of what you are seeing we might offer more. At first, I thought perhaps drag and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but I have no answer on the themes aspect. It may very well be that is all the themes offered. As for things being disabled because they aren't part of a trial version, that would not be the case. The only limitations of the trial are that you cannot use it beyond the trial period as well as anything you create won't be usable after a defined period of time.

Perhaps if you could share a screen capture of what you are seeing we might offer more. At first, I thought perhaps drag and drop would be maybe disabled because it's a responsive project. But I just created a new responsive project and see that I'm able to launch the drag and drop wizard. I'm wondering if perhaps this was not available in the first round of Captivate 8 and became available in a service update. Have you tried clicking Help > Updates and ensuring you are updated? Maybe that's all you need to do.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thank you so much for your response.  You were right--updating made all of the "grayed-out" menu commands come back.  I still have only 11 themes, but will continue researching to find out if this is all there are.  Thanks again!  --Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌There are only 11 themes, they are all responsive. You can easily change the colours of a theme by applying another them colours palette.you can edit a theme, which consists of object styles (object style manager), master slides and skin. Beware: if you edit a theme in a normal project it will lose its responsively. save it as a custom theme to preserve the original responsive theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to find out why the instructional videos I've been watching (on the Adobe site) have the presenter with so many more themes than just 11.  I've seen both Allen and Pooja demonstrating various things, and both of them have had perhaps 50 themes in their drop-down menu.  I am hoping I'm not getting screwed by paying for a monthly subscription and only getting a fraction of what I'm supposed to be getting.  Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They still had themes from CP7, non-reponsive, along with the responsive

CP8 themes. But never 50=

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it!  That makes perfect sense.  I do appreciate your help, Lilybiri. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources