Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to create screentip text only for image with several image map links

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Using RH6, I've imported an image into a topic. For this one image, I've created several image maps to link to other topics. However, I can't create an additional image map for this same image that includes only Screen Tip text; I get an Invalid Value message: "Please select a file, bookmark or topic to link the hyperlink to."

Is there a way to create a Text Only popup for an image with several image map links? My final output will be in WebHelp but may migrate to FlashHelp in the near future.

Thanks,

FMnRH

Thanks,
FMnRH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008
If the image is at the beginning of the topic, or all by itself in a reference topic, you can put "#" (minus the quotes) as the link for each hotspot.

If the image is larger than the viewing window, it may jump to the top, but only if the user clicks the link.

I've tried wz_tooltips and like it. I agree with Leon, it will take some time for the first image but might go faster subsequently.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FMnRH

Have you tried inserting the screen tip text in each Image Map region? I would think simply inserting the same text for each region would suffice.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a bookmark at the image, you could then trick RH into doing what you want. The only downside is that if the image is not near the top of the topic pane, it would jump there. You could avoid the visual shock by making it a true jump with the "Display in auto-sizing popup" option.

If you feel adventurous, you might look at Walter Zorn's free, customizable wz_tooltips.js solution. It's a great product, but requires a fair amount of trial and error to get it working the way you want.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If the image is at the beginning of the topic, or all by itself in a reference topic, you can put "#" (minus the quotes) as the link for each hotspot.

If the image is larger than the viewing window, it may jump to the top, but only if the user clicks the link.

I've tried wz_tooltips and like it. I agree with Leon, it will take some time for the first image but might go faster subsequently.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp