• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two error messages I am receiving: After Effects warning: Fresh layer cache checkout failed and After effects error: Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I fix these two error messages I am recieving.

Two error messages I am receiving:

1. After Effects error: Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to playback

2.After Effects warning: fresh layer cache checkout failed

After effects was working fine two days ago and now I can not preview or do anything.  I have restarted AE several times and my computer, same issue keeps happening.

Thank you for your help.

Marineus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details like project settings, actual cache settings and so on. Start by purging all caches from the Edit menu.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true.  A had an Adobe support guy take control of my laptop and see if he can fix it.  Unfortunely he could not and said he will be taking it to the Adobe Team and getting back to me by email.

I will post the results here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem! Everything was working ok (I had the occasional error message) but today I cannot playback at all!?

I've tried purging all memory, clearing the disk cache, cleaning the database, restarting Ae... no change.

Using latest After Effects (2015.0 release)

15inch MacBookPro (Mid 2012) OSX 10.10.4

2.6GHz Intel Core i7

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 1.43.14 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-14 at 1.47.20 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you import that comp into a brand new project?

What happens if you open that project in CC 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any results yet? I seem to keep on getting this error, even though I have ample cach space...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this trouble. It went away after I went into my cache preferences and deleted the existing cache data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My previous "solution" seems to have been just a lucky break. Now I would recommend simply quitting other applications; I found another thread here which told me it was a memory issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing: I've been experimenting with an app called "FreeMemory" which is making previews work much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes sense given the fact that they appear to have a module with a memory leak.  It sounds like that app frees up unused memory that is not being released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be sporadic, the errors went away for some unknown reason, but then popped back up today... strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available. It should help with this: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to 13.5.1 and I am still receiving this error.

Windows 7 pro 64-bit updated.
i7 960 CPU 3.2ghz
24GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running AE version 13.5.1.48

I am still getting the error message as the previous posts.  This has been going on for weeks now and it should have been fixed.

Perhaps its a good time to switch to HitFilm.

Mac Pro 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

16 Gigs Ram

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 8.00.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... bug-fix update is available. It should help with this."

Yeah, it should. It doesn't. And this was from LAST SUMMER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just commenting to add another person documented running into this problem. I'm also on a school computer, which means we only update if there are actual bug fixes (which the current bug-fix update doesn't seem like it's working) or at the beginning of a semester.

It's obnoxious and unnecessary to continuously restart AE / clear memory in order to work somewhat smoothly.

Also don't have the option to downgrade or change versions, because of the school computer again. Hopefully Adobe can actually fix this leak...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still receiving this error as well. 13.5.1.48, Mac OS 10.10.4 - 15" Macbook Pro 2.3GHZ i7 16GB RAM, GeForce GT 750M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running AE version 13.5.1.48

I am getting the same error as the post above.
MacBook Pro

2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2015 Oct 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having that problem on a Macbook Pro Retina, mid 2014 (11.3,), 2.6 GHz core i7, 16 gig ram, 1 TB ssd, Geforce GT 750m. This is going on for a while and we really need a solution, AE is pretty unusable with this bug, and my projects are on hold!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also this problem on a Macbook Pro Retina late 2013, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 Mo.

No fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a late 2013 retina macbook pro, same as Webby2000. Have the same issue. I restart after effects every 10 minutes so I can work on my animation. It's very annoying and frustrating. Update 13.5.1 didn't change anything for me. Please help. After effects is unusable. Worst thing is I have to finish my work restarting every 10 minutes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem suddenly pop up for me as well. Can't work for more than 15min in After Effects before either Ram preview fails or I get the failed cache error (or occasionally a fun one written in what looks like Japanese). Upon restarting, clearing the cache, image memory etc it'll work for a few more minutes before needing another restart.

My particular project is using the rotobrush heavily, so that might have something to do with it. Hopefully this'll be resolved in the upcoming late 2015 bug fix which sounds like it's coming soon... fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. So hard to work with, thinking of going back to CS6 =[

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same problem.  It looks like they have a module with a memory leak.  If you pull up the Memory Details form from the Preferences screen you can see the Current Memory value grow until it consumes all available memory.  The errors start once the memory leak has exceeded the Max Allowed Memory.  How was this not found in testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Try go to AE preferences / memory / then lower the memory amount reserved for other applications. In my case this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines