Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Word Documents

Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a team member experiencing problems with importing Word documents. She recently had RoboHelp installed on her computer and tried to create her first project. When she tries to import a Word document she receives an error message, "The Import Word Document Wizard cannot locate a supported version of Microsoft Word. Please install Microsoft Word 2000 or XP." We have Microsoft Word 2003. We are in a real bind as she is taking the place of another team member and we need her up and running immediately. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008
RH's SP2 is all you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

And the question is, what version of RoboHelp is being used?

The answer to that will likely determine what needs to happen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She has version X5. I have the same version and have had no problems over the last three or four years (even after being reimaged and everything reinstalled).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and let me guess you are using build 5.0.1. You need to download service pack which has support for Word 2003. Click here for full details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Her version says X5 only (mine says X5.0.2). In the link you provided it says to only use the Service Pack 2 if the system was upgraded to 5.0.1. So, we need to update to 5.0.1 before we load the Service Pack 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is she looking for the version. Check the Help > About menu item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Her info says: RoboHelp X5, Build 584
My info says: RoboHelp X5.0.2, Build 801

It sounds as if our IT team (she is in a separate site than me) may have grabbed the wrong version or didn't install the updates like IT did for me here. Is that safe to assume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH's SP2 is all you need.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thank you all very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp