• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to download Flash Player and Adobe won't let me!!!!!

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player kept crashing.  I downloaded Adobe's Uninstall and followed it precisely and now I can't find ANYWHERE to download it!!!! I am running Windows 8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi angela_naples,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above and updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Updates.  Since they embed Flash Player they consider the associated files to be protected system files and lock them to prevent users from deleting the files.  The uninstaller posted to the Uninstall Flash Player | Windows page does NOT uninstall Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above.  The page contains a note stating "These instructions are NOT applicable to Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above."

If you deleted Flash Player for Internet Explorer on your Windows 8 system you would have had to unlock the files manually.  If so I am not aware of a way to re-install Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above aside from re-installing the OS.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines