• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to be rid of pop up Action Script Error?

Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with a pop up which just started yesterday. It is Adobe Flash Player Action Script Error and it lists a bunch of errors and says at the bottom Dismiss all  in one box and Continue in another box. I cannot just click the X to get rid of it and it stops me from doing whatever I am trying to do until I click dismiss all (which I do) and then it goes away for a while but pops up again later. I checked my version of Adobe Flash Player and I DO have the debugging version. It came automatically installed on my computer which is quite new. I would appreciate any detailed and easy to follow help that I can get. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same problem in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 11, and my computer is also relatively new (bought three months ago). The problem only started in the last day or so. Could it be a problem with an Adobe Flash Player update? It seems more than coincidence that two users are having the same problem that started at the same time. If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just started getting some ActionScript errors in IE 11 on Win8.1.  I'm wondering if this resulted from Tuesday's (11 Aug.) Flash Player update to 18.0.0.232, which I received through Microsoft Updates.   Being IE 11 on Win 8.1, it's not like I can uninstall it and download another copy from the Adobe site instead. 

Is it possible that Microsoft inadvertently pushed the "debugger" version rather than the "standard" version???

EDIT: Running the CHECK NOW  at Flash Player Help confirms I indeed have "18.0.0.232 (debug version)"... and as noted, this was what was installed via Windows Updates on Tuesday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the same problem if your problem is not related to an embedded Adobe Flash Player in Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having same problem, just started today, I have newest version of Flash Player, using Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11.

This is the error message:

SecurityError: Error #2148: SWF file http://p.jwpcdn.com/6/12/jwplayer.flash.swf cannot access local resource res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm?busted=97950. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.

at flash.display::Loader/_load()

at flash.display::Loader/load()

at com.longtailvideo.jwplayer.view::View/loadImage()

at com.longtailvideo.jwplayer.view::View/_imageTimerHandler()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem.

Now the question is, will any of Adobe's geniuses read this thread and provide all of us with a fix to this very annoying bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. What is the solution????

I have newest version of Flash Player, using Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11. - How can I get rid of a pop-up error message? I click Continue, the message goes away, but comes back with the same message, but sometimes with a different message. 

From Adobe Community Forum, on August 11 there was a Flash Player Update to 18.0.0.232 via Microsoft updates and that Microsoft pushed the "debugger" version rather than the standard version.  I know of other people having this problem.

I am getting the following error message:

Adobe Flash Player

SecurityError: Error #2060: Security sandbox violation: ExternalInterface caller https://content-a.akamaihd.net/JS_Syndiction/scripts/SyndPlugins/tzukPlayer.swf cannot access <unknown>.

at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/_evalJS()

at flash.external::ExternalInterface$/call()

at com.hiro.streaming::AdNetworksEventsHandler/reportAdNetworkEvent()

at MethodInfo-253()

at com.hiro.util.bidding::BiddingArena/loadAd()

at com.hiro.util.bidding::BiddingArena/onExternalAdNetworkReponse()

at com.hiro.util.AS3::XMLLoader/xmlLoaded()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to uninstall the debug version and install the non-debug version, or would Windows stop you from doing that? If you can, here are the steps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flex/kb/uninstalling-flash-player-debugger.html

I'm running Windows 10, and for both Explorer and Edge Flash Player is integrated, you can't run the Adobe installer. Also, the build is 18.0.0.228, maybe when Windows 10 does an update I'll also see the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out there is an update waiting for me, and so I'm trying that now...

Ok, I'm on 232 now, and it's not the debug version. That of course doesn't mean that Microsoft didn't push the debug one to Windows 7 and 8 users, but at least Windows 10 is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 was never the issue... Microsoft updates do NOT touch Flash on Win7.   Win7 uses the standard installers from Adobe.

The problem is definitely with the ActiveX version on Win 8.1, which can only be installed via Microsoft.

Apparently, it would seem Win10 was likewise "spared" the issue.

==========================

For 8.1, all we can do is wait for Microsoft to fix the issue --- they've already acknowledged it --- and hopefully, they'll push a fixed version "soon".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, it could be the other people having the issue were on 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. I am using 8.1. The pop-up is very very annoying to put it mildly.

How do you know Microsoft has acknowledged the problem?  What can this forum community do to elevate this problem? Any place we can call or email?

So Win 10 users are not experiencing this problem?  I've been reluctant to upgrade to Win 10 because I read somewhere that Microsoft Office 2013 (which I am using) and other software may not work on WIn 10 platform???? Any truth to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Microsoft's article on the problem. It includes some links that I believe would let you revert to the Flash Player from last week. Or you could use Chrome for now:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3087916

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, not responsive to the OP.  The issue is with embedded versions of Adobe Flash Player in Windows 8.1, not updated versions.  The embedded versions that have debugging seem to be impervious to any attempts to remove it and since it was not installed with an update, the update cannot be removed and reinstalled.  This particular issue requires a fix from Adobe or Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reply I did five months ago were to posts from other people. Hopefully you can help figure out the OP's problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.  The OP reported the same problem as I am encountering, and to date I have not found a satisfactory fix.  The embedded problem is different from all others being reported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this exact problem. it also started yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure everyone who has auto updates from Microsoft would have seen it too. Read the Microsoft article, maybe you could go back to last week's Flash Player, while they fix things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you're on Windows 8.1, Microsoft accidentally released the content debugger version of the Flash Player in the August Windows update (kb3087916), which may very well be the reason why you're seeing the error.  You can install the latest update to Flash Player for Internet Explorer and it will revert back to the previous version. Microsoft will fix this soon in an update.To uninstall the update, go to Windows Update in the Control Panel and then select to view Installed Updates.  Then look for the Security Update for Flash Player for Internet Explorer Update.

Please refer to KB docs link:

Flash Builder - Flash Player throws Error #2148 because it doesn't re-read trust files (.cfg)

It might be helpful.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Flash Player Version 18.0.0.232(debug version) which was updated in August 2015. I then performed a Windows update which included KB3087916. This resulted in the pesky Action Script error 2060 popping up frequently. I un-installed the windows update (KB3087916 Security Update for Flash Player for Internet Explorer) and rebooted and no longer have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I am going crazy and it is freezing my internet explorer and then saying it is not working and restarting internet explorer.  There needs to be a fix for this. I wanted to uninstall and reinstall but since this came already installed on my computer, it will not permit me to do this.  Please send a solution to this rather annoying nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue has been resolved by the release of  kb3089023

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3089023

If you run Windows Updates, it should find it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update seems to be only for Windows 8.1.  I have Windows 10 and am getting this flash problem when opening certain sites like BBC I-Player.  No Windows Update has fixed this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you have the debug player installed on your own. The Microsoft problem only affected Windows 8.1.

Can you give a link that shows an error, in case the problem is something different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines