• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error:SecurityError: Error #2148: SWF file http://p.jwpcdn.com/6/12/jwplayer.flash.swf cannot access local resource res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm?busted=74254. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of this error message: SecurityError: Error #2148: SWF file http://p.jwpcdn.com/6/12/jwplayer.flash.swf cannot access local resource res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm?busted=74254. Only local-with-filesystem and trusted local SWF files may access local resources.  It began popping up after a Window Update install.  One of the updates involved flash player.  I have checked all over Adobe for a solution, and on Microsoft.  I have restarted twice. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Hello,

Microsoft released the fix afternoon, please see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3089023.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble. I tried to uninstall the update, but it won't let me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted my e-mail host and they said it is a Windows 10 problem and gave information on how to delete it.  However, I have not yet downloaded my upgrade to Windows 10 and need to know how to remove it from 8.1.  I have no idea how it got installed-it appeared after I did a routine Windows Upgrade.  They could not help with that.  I think I will delete flash player completely and them reinstall it.  That might work.  Good luck with yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Mouse62,

If you're on Windows 8.1, Microsoft accidentally released the content debugger version of the Flash Player in the August Windows update (kb3087916), which may very well be the reason why you're seeing the error.  You can install the latest update to Flash Player for Internet Explorer and it will revert back to the previous version. Microsoft will fix this soon in an update.  I don't have the date, so can't say when it'll be.  To uninstall the update, go to Windows Update in the Control Panel and then select to view Installed Updates.  Then look for the Security Update for Flash Player for Internet Explorer Update installed on or after August 11.  However, uninstalling the update is not advisable as there are a number of publicly known security vulnerabilities in the previous version which are being exploited.  Having the error window pop-up is annoying, but it can be dismissed.

--

Maria

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Maria.  I will give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Microsoft released the fix afternoon, please see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3089023.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I found it this evening, and promptly ins talled it. Th ank you.

Karen Neuberg, Owner/Photographer

Obscure Observations Photography …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines