• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change Adobe Vendor during authorization

New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have just downloaded this to borrow ebooks from my public library but somehow it would not allow me to select OverDrive as my Adobe vendor during authorization (There is no drop down menu). What should I do at this point?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Runa,

Please follow the suggestions below.

If you are on windows : 

• Choose Start > Run.
  • In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
  • In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
  • Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
  • In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

If you are on Mac then

Go-> Go to folder.

Go to folder dialog will appear.

Type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions.

Drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

Uninstall Adobe Digital Editon completely.

Re-installed  - Download | Adobe Digital Editions

Re-Authorized

I am sure this will resolve the issue, in case still you get the same behaviour then please let me know with error screenshot.

Regards,

Devendra Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My library patron is having the exact same problem as aptests. We followed all of the instructions above but they did not fix the issue. Adobe Digital Editions still does not have a drop-down menu to select OverDrive as the vendor to authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last interaction I had with a Support member, Nayana told me the following:

Adobe Digital Editions is a free product and there is no support for it.

There is no technical team  supporting this product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update: The agent, Nayana, now tells me:

we don't have any technical team supporting this issues.

We can't help you with this query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of ADE are you using? In 4.0.3 I can confirm that there is a drop down menu that has OverDrive.

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 1.16.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using 4.0.3, i.e. the only version available on your website. On my patron's computer, it definitely does NOT have a drop-down menu. The only option for authorization is an Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a solution to this problem, please? The vendor (OverDrive) is not able to provide a solution as this is an ADE/software problem, not a vendor problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific version is 4.0.3.117585.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone from ADE Support please look into this and respond to my post? The only response I receive from your other Support venues is "Check the Forums" so I really do need the Forum staff to provide timely, accurate and helpful support on this issue, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this issue is unresolved and I have not had a satisfactory response from Adobe staff. Your immediate attention is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is STILL unresolved. I have not been able to receive acceptable support through other Adobe contacts and have been told repeatedly that this Forum is the only source of technical support for Adobe Digital Editions. Please address this issue immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could the problem be that the patron is using an old computer? Even though her laptop is running the most up to date version of ADE, perhaps her old system does not support pull-down menus?

Could your support staff please respond today to confirm if this is a possible cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines