• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player is installed but I don't see it.

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made the test in adobe's page and it is installed, version 18.0.0.232. But I don't know why it looks that the player is not installed. When I point to a file in *flv, right click > open with >.... I don't see the option to open with Adobe Player 18.0.0.232. Also in DW I am using an extension which requieres Flash Player, the last one. It still continues giving me the same message, also after installing it (more than once) and after restarting the system. The message is that "I need to install the last version of Adobe Flash Player".

I also installed java for mac, but nothing improves. or maybe do I need the Adobe Flash Package CC 2015. I always knew that is not necessary to have that package in order to get the flash player. Any helps, please? Thx a lot.

OS: Yosemite 10.10.4. I use Opera browser. I have also Chrome installed and I read somewhere that I have to download the Flash Player for every browser, is it so?

Mensaje editado por: MARIO VIVANCO

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Hi limakid2015,

Flash Player is a browser plugin, it's not a standalone app that you open by itself.

If you already installed it, but it's not being detected, it's possible it's not enabled, or ActiveX Filtering is turned on (for IE), but you're using OS X, so that wouldn't apply. The help article Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac is a general document that contains links to enable Flash Player in the various browsers.  I would start there first.

Chrome and Opera use the PPAPI plugin. Goog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi limakid2015,

Flash Player plays .swf files not .flv files.  You'll need to use something else to view .flv files. There are a number of different video players that play .flv files.  I've not used any so can't recommend any.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest for replying. I just noticed that. Long time I don't play *swf files. However my main issue goes for another thing. I am using an extension, a kind of menu builder. When I try to use it, I receive a message saying that I need install the Flash Player last version. I get the the same Adobe message window inviting to install it. I don't understand why ask me to install something I already installed several times. I also wrote to the developer (Extend studio)

If it's already installed, where do I see this app? Is not possible to see it lije other players? I just see the adobe player INSTALLER, but no the player itself. An the Adobe page test that it's installed already! version 18.... and so on... Thank a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi limakid2015,

Flash Player is a browser plugin, it's not a standalone app that you open by itself.

If you already installed it, but it's not being detected, it's possible it's not enabled, or ActiveX Filtering is turned on (for IE), but you're using OS X, so that wouldn't apply. The help article Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac is a general document that contains links to enable Flash Player in the various browsers.  I would start there first.

Chrome and Opera use the PPAPI plugin. Google embeds Flash Player PPAPI plugin in the browser, so there is nothing to do there aside from ensuring you have the latest version of Chrome which will include the latest version of Flash Player (18.0.0.232).  You would need to install it for Opera if you haven't done so already.  Safari uses the NPAPI plugin which you would need to install separately if you use Safari.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines