• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble downloading and installing Adobe Flash Player in Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to download the flash player from the Adobe website with repeated failure. The website automatically goes to the help/support pages and won't let me download the flash player at all. So I run the troubleshooters that it gives you and one tells me that the Flash Player needs enabled,  the active x filter in on and/or I need to update the version that is installed. I make sure flash player add-on is enabled and active x filter is off. Then move on to check current version to see if it needs updated and after running the system check to see if I need an update I am told that the Flash player IS NOT installer on my laptop. That where the problem is because the Adobe website will not  let me access the flash player page so that I can download it and then install it on my laptop.. Somebody please HELP me figure out the problem here???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Hi jethro469,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 and updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update.  You can also download the Microsoft Update installer from the link posted at the bottom of the Flash Player Issues | Windows 8 page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jethro469,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 and updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Update.  You can also download the Microsoft Update installer from the link posted at the bottom of the Flash Player Issues | Windows 8 page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not remotely helpful.  I feel like I am being gaslighted.  I cannot believe how unacceptable this issue is.   We know its embedded.  The help page tells us that.  We know about that link, its on the help page.  No matter what we try, it either routes us back to the help page or it tells us that we have the latest update to Internet Explorer.   Even the other download sites at the bottom of this page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows, still just say the update is already installed.  I had to uninstall adobe, and now I cannot reinstall it.  How is this possible?  How can such an established company be so unbelievably incompetent?  Is there no standard anymore?  This is absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brianc61200543,

I understand your frustration and have seen more and more users delete the embedded Flash Player files which leaves them unable to re-install Flash Player.  I am following up with folks here to improve the documentation.

If the files for the embedded version of Flash Player were manually deleted you'll most likely need to re-install Windows to get it back.  It's possible a back-up may enable you to restore it and install the Flash Player Update from Microsoft  (from what I've heard from other users, Windows Restore won't work, it would need to be an actual backup of the files/system).  This is due to how Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer (and Edge) browser.  There isn't a Flash Player installer for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above.  All updates come from Microsoft via Windows Updates.  The links at the bottom of the Flash Player Issues | Windows 8 download the Windows Update installer, not a separate standalone Flash Player installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  No matter what I do, I either end up routed back to the help page or I am told I already have the latest Internet Explorer update installed.   I am shocked and disgusted by this absurd problem. The world is falling apart and there is just no standard of professionalism or competence anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines