• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Error

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note, I also posted this in the RoboHelp HTML forum but got no replies. I could really use some help so I am trying this repost....thanks!

Hello all,
I am publishing WebHelp from a project generated in RHelp 6. In the published system, each page that contains a drop-down hot spot contains the following error prompt in the status bar "Done, but with errors on the page."

The error details are the same in each case. as follows:
Line: 2394
Char: 3
Error: Access is denied.
Code: 0
URL: (the path to the file the system is calling)

I don't recognize anything in the TrueCode related to the link, but I am a complete novice in TrueCode.

The system behavior for the drop-down works correctly in the published project in each case, but with this ugly exclamation point and error notification. I appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue!

Regards,
Robbin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008
It might come down to a permissions problem.

Assuming you're running Win XP and IE 6.0 or later:

Have you checked all of your IE privacy and security settings? Active X enabled, at least for "signed" and "trusted" scripts; allow Active X to run from my computer and elsewhere; Popups enabled (popup blocker turned off or disabled).

That's just to start.

When you view WebHelp on your hard drive, you may run into a security obstacle or two that you don't get when WebHelp is on a server.
Some of ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robbin. My guess is that this a security/access issue. What is in the dropdowns?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
In some cases, it is text only, in others it is an image. In all cases, the images are shared with other topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it hurts to do something, stop doing it.

In IE settings, turn off the option, "Always show an alert for Javascipt errors, even for the most picayune, harmless ones." Then you won't get the nasty message, I think.

By the way, I've seen that message in this forum, apparently because Adobe was doing some stylesheet or server maintenance in a hot mode.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! Saw this post immediately after replying to Colum....I'll give it a try now.

One inane question...should I not be concerned with whatever error is going on?

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my IE settings. The only selection I see similar to what you describe is"Display a notification about every script error". It is not selected.

I don't see anything java-specific.

Wish it had been that easy. BTW, this system is client-facing, so I'd like to correct the error, since I cannot control others' browser settings...

Any other thoughts appreciated and thanks so much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Robbin,

You said the error is:
Line: 2394
Char: 3
Error: Access is denied.
Code: 0
URL: (the path to the file the system is calling)

Can you tell us the filename in the URL, if not the last few parts of the URL? Is it one of your topics, or a RoboHelp file?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey,
Each URL is the complete path through my local drive to the file that contains the drop-down, and apparently its related error. It is the .htm RoboHelp file of the topic in the project folder.

Does that provide any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robbin,

" . . .It is the .htm RoboHelp file of the topic in the project folder. . . "

Is it the path to the WebHelp output folder, or to the project (source) folder?

If it's hard-coded to seek a file in the project folder, it can't work.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, it's the path to the output folder...sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might come down to a permissions problem.

Assuming you're running Win XP and IE 6.0 or later:

Have you checked all of your IE privacy and security settings? Active X enabled, at least for "signed" and "trusted" scripts; allow Active X to run from my computer and elsewhere; Popups enabled (popup blocker turned off or disabled).

That's just to start.

When you view WebHelp on your hard drive, you may run into a security obstacle or two that you don't get when WebHelp is on a server.
Some of our colleagues insert Mark of the Web when generating WebHelp, which seems to help overcome some of these quirks.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2008 Feb 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Harvey,
I'll check out my settings again. I'm glad to know it's IE and not my system, regardless!

Many thank for your assistance!
Robbin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp