Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Recording Looks for CD Drive

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed Adobe Captivate 2.0 onto my laptop. When I try to record a new project, I get an error message stating that "there is no disc in drive E:". This is my second license for this product, and I had no trouble installing the first onto a similar computer. What would cause the software to look for the application CD when it is recording, and is there a way to fix this? On my first license, I was able to install the software, and use it without having the CD in the drive.

Thanks,
Chris
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008
Hi again

Another thought occurs here. Have you attempted to shut down and restart the PC in question? Maybe the message you are seeing is rather generic. I've seen times where after running an install on things, I removed the CD before I acknowledged the last dialog. Then I got caught in a loop of sorts.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris and welcome to our community

To be honest, yours is the first report I've ever heard of this happening. I've installed Captivate on lots of different computers and have never encountered this issue. I also don't believe I've ever seen it reported here in the forums either.

Because of that, I'm going to crawl way out here on this shaky little limb and say that your case is probably a one off and unique.

Is the laptop configured in any way that is somehow different? For example, is it only used to connect to a company intranet? If so, maybe something about that setup caused the behavior.

Wishing I had more to offer here... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Another thought occurs here. Have you attempted to shut down and restart the PC in question? Maybe the message you are seeing is rather generic. I've seen times where after running an install on things, I removed the CD before I acknowledged the last dialog. Then I got caught in a loop of sorts.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick. That solved the problem. I'm curious as to why it did not prompt me to restart the computer. It only gave me the option to launch Captivate. Regardless, it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources