• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using windows 10, when I try to watch any video with the flash player, it says activex needs to be disabled, but I cannot find how to do this

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe flash player in windows 10,  when I go to facebook and try to watch any video it wont work and says disable activex cannot manage to do that anyone help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone. Microsoft and Adobe you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about windows 10, been hearing bad things like usual.... But I have 8.1 and in the upper right corner of the screen is a gear icon.  I hope that isn't different on 10.  You click that and a menu comes up, in the first few options is "Safety".  Click that and then click on the "ActiveX filtering". See if that helps.  Or check your "manage add ons" tab and see if shockwave is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re my problem with flash player, after about three hours I chanced on the answer.   The answer was that before windows 10 I had a link on the desktop to go to Facebook which after Windows 10 was installed I still used again with windows 10 and from this connection the flash player didn't work, about three hours later I was on the MSN web page and from there clicked on the link for Facebook and once on my page from this link the flash player was working, so I have removed the link on my desktop and now go to Facebook from MSN, this might be someone else problem too, defunct links on the desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you jackcarruthers! Found the same answer switching to Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also found that If I go to Facebook from Edge explorer the Adobe flash player wont work, the one that worked was my old Explorer 11 from windows 7, when I connected to Facebook from MSN page, so there is a fault with the connection from Windows 10, and there is an upgrade available but I cannot find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines