• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp format does not display in Firefox

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 7 to produce a develoment platform documentation. When producing a WebHelp output I can display the contents locally via Firefox 2.0. The process is then to copy the whole set of files to a web server via Filezilla. No pb for accessing to the contents via IE through the adequate URL. But via Firefox, it is not possible because of a serie of weird characters which prevent the default page loading. To be noticed: no pb with FlashHelp output. I have configured Filezilla to force characters to UTF-8. I don't see any solution. Who did experience such situation and how could you fix it ?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Does Firefox load the toolbar and left pane correctly before you see a problem in the default topic pane?

What are the wierd characters? Where and when do they appear? What should they have been?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harvey,
Thank You for your response.

Firefox does not load anything but just the weird characters. They are a sequence of inverse interrogation marks, quotes etc.
They appear at default page loading.
In fact when I edit the source file, there is a line at the top of the file and nothing else. I deleted the line, saved the file and uploaded it to the web server with Filezilla.
When I edit the uploaded file the line at the top appears again and the pb also.
I therferore suspect that the intrusive characters are inserted during the upload.
I have checked the Filezilla parameters to force a binary copy and characters to UTF-8.
Without any success....
Here we are, still needing a solution.
Anyway, thanks for your help.
Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having a similar problem with Firefox when our webhelp system is run from our Linux server. For now, we are removing the garbage characters by hand from the approximately 8 HTML files that contain them.

To solve this problem, Adobe should add a feature to RoboHTML that would allow users to force their HTML files to use Unicode encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Filtoche -

Are you using Filezilla 3.0.6 or an older version?

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I have the solution. It is not about RoboHelp. It is not about file transfer. It about brower parameters. I understood that weird characters were about encoding and I thought the pb was during the file transfer. Even if it's true, the solution comes when setting character encoding to Unicode (UTF-8) at browser level. You can do it in Display options or in Tools>Options>Police and colors>Advanced>Defaut Encoding to be set at Unicode(UTF-8).

That's it !
Filtoche

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp