• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition e Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Da quando ho installato Windows 10 ADE non riesce a salvare i libri nella libreria. Errore Imprevisto: E_IO_CANNOT_OPEN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. First asked for information on an update to ADE weeks ago. Every way I tried to get information, I was directed back to this forum where all I have learned is that Adobe really doesn't care that we can't use the program anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded ADE 2.0 and it worked with a new library book I downloaded.  But it won't return the old ones.... I'll just have to wait until they expire.  If you try 2.0, remember to change your associated files setting so that it fulfills with 2.0 and not 4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also ran the program with compatibility to XP-SP3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also ran the program with compatibility to XP-SP3

FUNZIONAAA!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem yesterday, it seems windows 10 makes your documents folder a read only folder ADE uses that folder for its files.  I changed my folder to share. Right click on folder and properties and change share settings to share with everyone. Now my ADE is working.

Best Regards,

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joseph,

you have explained well what was happening. Finally problem solved !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not getting an option for "everyone"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please, joseph, I don't get what you have to do. I clicked on ADE in the menu, but no share or else. I went back to win  after trying win 10 nd not liking it. Everything works, but ADE. Could you or someone else tell me what to do? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since I installed Windows 10. No solution in sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Joseph. I am sure you are on the right path or have the right answer but Ii feel like a klutz... I right-clicked on one, went to explorer, then clicked on share. It looks locked with no sharing. I tried to set share with the rest of the home group, clicked, but when I reopened it, it was back to no sharing, with the same tiny picture of a padlock on the side. Yesterday, I  tried going to the whole ADE file -or app, or program- and st it to be compatible to win , but nothing changed.

My problem is that I cannot download any new book, it begins and after a few seconds, then stops with a new sign E_IO, no connection to server or something like that.

After 1 day on win 10, I went back to 7, and everything seems fine but downloading the books. I can still read the ones which are there but no new ones...

How to you manage with the new ones?

For the first time, I see a glimmer of hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had luck by downloading ADE 2.0, running it in compatibility mode, and then changing the file association from 4.0 to 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is NOT helpful at all. It is a disgrace. The simle solution is to right click on ADR icon and run as administrator that fixes it on Windows 10.

Søren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run as administrator!

Søren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay... I'll try it. Where do you have to click to run as administrator? yes, adobe is a shame not to offer a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Spida and Joseph, and all the others. I don't know if Adobe fixed it, or if the administrator did the trick, but it works. Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines