• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hover Text on Search and Index

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using WebHelp with Robohelp HTML version 11.

We're using a skin and 508 compliance checkbox is not selected, which is the display we want to use.

Is there a way to added hover text for "Type in the keyword to find?" Anyway to add this to the HHK file to as hover text?

Is there anyway to add hover text for the "Type in the word(s) to search for" file in the Search tab?

Is there anyway to add hover text for the "Show results that include all search words" checkbox in the Search tab?

Is there anyway to add hover text to the "Highlight search results" checkbox in the Search  tab?

Is there anyway to add hover text to the "Search Results per page" checkbox in the Search tab?

Is there anyway to add hover text to the Search textbox in the upper-right order of the help window?

Search1.pngSearch2.pngSearch 3.png

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to why you would want to add hover text for something so simple. I cannot tell you how it can be done but if the problem is that you don't like the wording, you can change the text for some if not all of them in the LNG file.

Go to File > Project Settings > General tab > Advanced Button.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not the wording. The problem is that we want a screen reader such as JAWS to read the hover text so the a visually impaired user can hear the content for all of these fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I understand why you need this and I'm sorry I cannot help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that the 508 flag would enable this sort of thing – maybe I’m mistaken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, but, if you'll notice, this is what I initially states:

We're using a skin and 508 compliance checkbox is not selected, which is the display we want to use.

You cannot use a skin with 508 checked. We want to use a skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you’re SOL (sure out of luck) trying to combine the two; however, other people have packaged up 2 flavours of their project – one 508 version & one “good-looking” one. Then they let the client decide which one to access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggested the 2 flavors already, and it didn't go across well. But, thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp