Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Uninstall RoboHelp 7

Feb 01, 2008 Feb 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case anybody else could not uninstall RH7.
I already have RH6 and had installed the Trial RH7; I now want to uninstall the RH7 Trial.
Go into Add or Remove Programs and work my way through to Remove RoboHelp 7, and click the "Remove" button. The button locked down, and nothing happened for about TEN MINUTES! Hung, cannot close the window.
I crashed out of it in Task Manager, restarted the PC and tried again: click "Remove" and it hung again. Wait and see? - so I went and fixed some lunch.
When I came back, it was still hung, so I came into the Community and checked for similar - nothing - so here I am. BUT! While I was typing, the Uninstall started to happen! Mind you, it's still got serious constipation, and is still removing files ten minutes after it 'unhung' itself. And this is a 3GHz Pentium 4 with 1.5Gb memory! God help anyone with a 486...
Good job it's lunchtime. I think I'll go and watch TV for a bit...
Ah! - finished; that's 25 minutes after it unhung, add ten minutes while the Remove button was locked down ... that's 35 MINUTES TO UNINSTALL RH7!
Good grief, Charlie Brown!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil,

Another reminder that sometimes we need to be patient.

It's not often, but on occasion a process takes awhile.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, but 35 minutes? I can install Windows XP quicker than that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp