• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rolled back Windows 10, no boot, can not reinstall Flash PLayer

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the WIN 10 but after having problem emailing invoices with QuickBooks I decided to roll back to 8.1, I was well within the 30 day trial, only about 7 days into it.  SO the rollback seemed to go well until the very last reboot, then nothing.  I tried various fixes but no help. I had backups so I did a refresh and all seemed OK except when I tried to reinstall QuickBooks it gave me an error while it was trying to install Flash Player.    I tried the Adobe help and even the uninstall but it doesn't seem to fully uninstall. It is version 18.0.0.232 OS Win 8 (64 bit).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention the error  code I get when trying to install QuickBooks says to go to  www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166  for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RicknSharon,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and above.  I don't know which version of Flash Player Quickbooks is trying to install, but it could be an older version that what is installed on the system.  Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE it's considered a system component file and cannot be uninstalled and the Flash Player uninstaller simply ignores it.  Modifying the permissions on the file to delete it manually will result in not being able to re-install Flash Player on the system.

The FlashInstall.log file should provide more information on the error.  The file is saved at the following locations:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    • both files are required on a 64-bit OS

The files will be fairly large to post here, please upload them using the instructions How to share a document

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines