• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 isn't opening

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 isn't opening on my windows 10 laptop. I have tried troubleshooting the problem. When the option came up to test program it didn't work. I have tried restarting my laptop and shutting it down. I also tried re-downloading my books to hopefully force it to open. I honestly don't know what to do. If someone could please reply soon that would be great. Or if someone you give me a number to call that would also be helpful. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on my laptop with Windows 7.  Everything worked fine yesterday but today won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Completely by accident, I did a right click on the menu shortcut, selected the properties box, and chose to run in Windows XP compatibility mode, everything is working again.  Not sure why but my reader is working again.  I am using Windows 7 operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem yesterday, it seems windows 10 makes your documents folder a read only folder ADE uses that folder for its files.  I changed my folder to share. Right click on folder and properties and change share settings to share with everyone. Now my ADE is working.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines