Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to use google awesome fonts in RoboHelp

Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on RoboHelp10 and want to use google awesome fonts in the generated output webhelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm sorry, but you will need to expound on what you are looking for. What exactly are "Google Awesome" fonts?

Is this a specific font family named "Google Awesome"?

Is it one or more different font families that are "Awesome to use with Google" somehow producing some effect that cannot otherwise be achieved?

Or something else entirely?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Actually , I want to use following google font links in webhelp

<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway:500,600,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,600,700' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

<link href='http://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.min.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

It is working fine in browser but not with Robo web help.

Regards,

Satpal Jassal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, closer but still not understanding. (Sorry to be dense here)

Do you have a topic in a WebHelp system where you are attempting to insert these links so that others may click them and peruse what is there?

Or are you wanting to configure these links so that the WebHelp output files actually USE these fonts instead of whatever font is presently being used?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you look into adding these into your CSS that you want to be used with your WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Satpal is wanting to use these fonts, do you have an example handy of how that would be achieved?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little googling gives you these - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12144000/using-custom-fonts-using-css

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20546885/using-a-specific-font-in-html-and-css

https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/using-font-face/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really my area but I think the problem is that SatPal wants to use fonts that reside on a server and are referenced in the CSS and that RoboHelp is not designed to work that way.

I am not saying it cannot be coaxed to do so and it might be that the desired font appears in the output but not in the design editor.

Good luck with the experiment. Do wear safety glasses.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using the <link> tag in the topic, use the @import option. When you choose a Google Font, you can also choose the @import tab for a link. Add that link to your CSS manually. You can then use the font in your output.

To work with the font comfortably in RoboHelp, you may need to download the font and install it in Windows. Otherwise RoboHelp may not pick up the font for the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting to research switching my Robohelp project to web-fonts..I know that my question is probably google-able though I imagine that others may have the same initial question--some of our clients access the help environment on servers that are not connected to the internet--is this is a showstopper for web fonts? (Yes, I know that the question probably answers itself: internet==web)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the showstopper you are referring to? What is the problem you are expecting?

You can use custom fonts, no problem. Follow the link to the blog post above for details. Just me sure that you have the correct licenses to distribute the fonts in that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My concern was that web fonts require some relay/exchange with the www gods and so if it's a local host the same support is missing. I guess that importing a web font into robohelp and its css will accomplish this for those accessing the Help.

I am perfectly happy with Google Open Sans which seems relatively unrestricted.

I'm doing it! Thanks, I'm certainly picking up knowledge from your blogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp