• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Please - uploading new products

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - HELP !! my BC website was set up by a professional some years ago and I have not updated/added products for 5 years. I don't have a clue where or how to start adding new products to the existing products.

I see this in FAQs "while your clients can submit requests through the Support Central area of their Admin Console. (Standard & Premium Partners only)" But I cannot find Support Central and do even know if I'm eligible to use it being an end user. Can anyone suggest where I can get some instruction/help on how to upload new products? Siam Intercontinental Handicrafts | Home

Thank You

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Got the answer from BC support - the way to do this is simply press the Copy This Product button at the bottom of any product and edit the copy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness - Here is a a video you can follow along with.  How to Import Products to Business Catalyst

I hope that helps. Come back and ask for assistance if you run into problems, ok?

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for answering T !

Is it possible to manually add a few new products rather than import them using the Excel sheet?

Need to add a few new products to existing pages example Organic Body Jewelry > Wood Organic Plugs from Siam Intercontinental Handicrafts

I do vaguely remember doing this many moons ago and I believe I copied and existing product page like this one and edited it to save time by adding the new image and editing the description etc  Organic Body Jewelry Blood Wood Plugs - Siam Intercontinental Handicrafts

Is this possible?

Had a look at a couple of your great videos and it has jogged my somewhat at least.

Cheers, Barry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry:  First - I can't take credit for that video, its from BC Gurus. 

So if you want to add just one product at a time, all you need to do is to open your ECommerce folder under the Admin menu, click on Products, and near the top there will be two tabs, one says "Add Product" and the other says  "Import Products".  Click on Add Product and fill in the information from there. Don't forget to hit the save button. Have a great Monday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi T,

Thanks so much for your answer yes this will certainly work. I do remember using an existing product as a kind of a template as it saved so much time for products which are very similar.

My jewelry products as on this page for example have 4 drop down boxes to choose sizes etc. I used to use a page like this as the 'template' and I'd just change the image and description slightly and upload to the particular catalog. This is saved a huge amount of time. Would you be able to tell me how to do that?

Organic Body Jewelry Blood Wood Plugs - Siam Intercontinental Handicrafts

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got the answer from BC support - the way to do this is simply press the Copy This Product button at the bottom of any product and edit the copy 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines