• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 install. The Flash Player did not work. And still doesn't even after reinstall.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player did not work on initial install. I deleted old version off computer. Reinstalled Windows 10 and there is a loop that sends me to the same test your flash player page. The Flash player in Windows Edge has the button clicked to on. I reinstalled Windows 10. Still no flash player and no way I can find to install it. Help, I am video and game impaired.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LAR769,

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge and Internet Explorer on Windows 10.  There isn't a separate installer, or uninstaller, for it.  Please refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-edge.html page for troubleshooting steps.

If you're also experiencing issues with Internet Explorer on Windows 10 the help page for troubleshooting steps is https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-10-ie.html

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except the pages to fix the issue are a loop of telling you to follow steps that don't work and return you the page that doesn't work. My computer doesn't even show the same options as the screen shot on the page. I know I am not alone with this issue. But no one seems to have an answer past the Microsoft message of it is already installed and use this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LAR769,

Are you using Internet Explorer or Edge browser?

What options are you seeing?  Please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. When visiting web pages with Flash video, Edge and IE state that flash is not installed. Clicking on the link takes me to the flash issues with windows 10 adobe page. Testing flash in Edge tells me to turn on flash in the advanced settings. Flash is already turned on. Refreshing the page results in the same error.

In IE the manage add on shows that shockwave flash is enabled and ActiveX filtering is off under the safety menu.

Going to the Flash Player help page (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) tells me flash is not installed.

I have confirmed that I have the most up to date version at Adobe - Flash Player as 18,0,0,232.

I have also gone to the Flash control panel and deleted browser data and settings as well as local storage settings.

I haven't found anything that works.  Your help is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the cause, but

After some troubleshooting, this worked for me:

First,

Check to see if you had the same problem.

1. Start Menu --> type “flash” --> wait until “flash player” pops up with comment “control panel” and click on it
  2. Go to updates tab
  3. Even after several updates after downloading and installing flash after having done so via Firefox (Edge too), the NPAPI Plug-in version was 18.0.0.232 (good) but the PPAPI Plug-in version was <null>.  You need both to read 18.0.0.232.  If yours too is null, do the following:

Fix,

1. Close all browsers
  2. Open Opera browser (if you have it)
  3. Go to a page w/flash.  I used a weather website w/embedded flash videos and tried to click on one of the videos
  4. The video/flash object will tell you that your player is not up-to-date (in firefox & edge, it won’t do this, but instead will force flash to crash)
  5. An option in that error will allow you to check for flash player and provide you w/ability to download an update.  Even if it is the same (18.0.0.232)…download and install it w/Opera open.
  6. Close everything and reboot Windows
  7. Try the same page in Opera.. should be fine now.
  8. Confirm again in Firefox and/or Edge.. also should be good.

Again, I don't know why this worked for me, but it did.  If someone who has greater knowledge can speak to why this works please share, as I know not everyone has or wants or should have to install another browser to get this to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks ejafus‌, things are 50% improved. Opera, Chrome, IE can now play flash player content. Still no joy with Edge.

Flash player control panel shows that the PPAPI plug-in is installed with the correct version, however, the NPAPI plug-in is 'Not installed'.

Running the Flash Player install doesn't fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague repeated my process earlier this week and he's fully up and running now.

grega9116438 -- any chance that firefox or edge were still running in the background when flash was being downloaded (or was it downloaded via firefox or edge instead of another browser) or installed?  In other words, was the process running in task manager (right-click on taskbar --> task manager --> details tab --> is there a firefox.exe running here?

Adobe experts -- any ideas what it could be that prevents the npapi plugin from installing?   Or why when downloading it from opera can get it to work for some or all browsers but you can't do this if initiated from firefox or edge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2015 Oct 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ejafus. Tried this, but updates opens without options to click on chosen action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2015 Oct 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's my generic advice on IE11/Edge on Win10:

First, confirm that ActiveX Filtering is configured to allow Flash content:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

For content that works everywhere but IE, it probably requires an update, but I'd be interested in affected URLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines