• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trying to convert adobe presenter 7 content to adobe presenter 10 content? Any special steps required? Any documentation(how to)?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to convert adobe presenter 7 content to adobe presenter 10 content? Any special steps required? Any documentation(how to)?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open a presentation from Presenter 7 with Presenter 10 it should make any necessary changes. You should test that everything works as expected and if you were using Presenter 7.0.6 or older and have Flash objects (SWFs) in the presentation, you'll likely need to update/republish those SWFs to AS3 as 7.0.6 and older used AS2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to open the Presenter 7 and 8 presentations in video express (Mac)? I need to help instructors who don't have the original powerpoint files. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should consider Adobe Presenter and Adobe Presenter Video Express two different products. The Windows version of Presenter 9 and 10 came with APVE as well, but it is still a seperate application. With that in mind, an Adobe Presenter project cannot be opened using APVE on either operatating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, Jorma. I now have Presenter 10 on a Windows machine. Most of my instructors do not have their original .ppt files they used to create their Presenter 7 and 8 presentations. Is there a method for unpackaging from the .zip package that would allow me to edit and re-publish using Presenter 10? I need to find a method for updating the existing presentations with the latest presenter version. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, the published package is a compiled (non-editable) Flash presentation. You need the source files to make edits. Is there any chance they uploaded their source files to Connect when publishing and you can pull them down from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources