Exit

Need help deauthorizing account associated with old email

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving this message: 

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY

I cannot erase the authorization because I don't have the password associated with my old email address, and that email is no longer active. How can I get that account erased?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After over 3 hours of chat, which resolved nothing, I skipped the first steps of the process below, (as I was unable to do them without a password), and went to the "extreme cases" steps***.  After dragging the.dat file to trash, I was able to authorize my computer using my new adobe ID. No thanks to Adobe tech support. 

"E_AUTH_NOT_READY"

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

*** In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines