• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem generating a Review PDF

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to generate a PDF for review, RoboHelp 11 shuts down. I've tried all different ways, locally, send as an email attachment, send for review. Show files in Project Manager, Table of Content. I've tried sending it to a shared server. Everything come up with a problem in RoboHelp looking for a solution which it never finds and I have to shut down. Need help big time! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this occur with specific projects or with all projects? Can you try to generate a review PDF with one of the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked. I did not happen with the sample project, only with the two projects I created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Does it happen when you include specific topics in the review or does it always crash? Can you try creating a review pdf with just one or two topics? It would be great if you could nail down the issue to one or several topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just thought of something, would screen images have anything to do with it? I have quite a few of them in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried loading a couple of topics and it crashed again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am thinking that it may be a path issue (path of the files longer than 255 characters when generating the PDF). Where is your project stored? Can you copy it to your regular C: drive and see whether it works from there.

How are your topics named? Any special characters in there or something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William, but it already resides on the C drive. I went over all of the topics this morning and there are no illegal characters. Tried generating again with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what about the actual path? What is the path leading to where you are attempting to create the review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as the file name you are attempting to use for the review PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the path: C:\Users\geri.foster\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe RoboHelp 11\TMS\TMS.pdf  The project name is TMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, the path is certainly within limits. Looks like it's 80 characters or so. But I'm wondering about the geri.foster bit. So I'd suggest trying this.

Create a folder right off the root of your C drive and name it Projects. ( C:\Projects )

Create a folder inside that named TMS. ( C:\Projects\TMS )

Copy your project to the new folder.

Open the project in RoboHelp and try the PDF review again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I hate to say this, but same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, well, what about a screen shot of that dialog you see where you choose the topics to be included in the review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I get: RH Stop1.jpgThen I get: RH Stop2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must have something to do with the topics, because I just tried to import the topics into a new project and the same thing happened. Hmmm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to experiment with the topics. I feel the problem is somewhere within them. Is there a way to copy and rename the project? I don't want to mess up the original if what I'm thinking is incorrect.  Bu the way, why is there not a "Save As" on RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

From your project, right-click the Project Manager pod on a topic and choose Explore. Then return to RoboHelp and close the project. Windows Explorer should now be open at your project location. From there, just select all the files and folders in your project location and copy them to a different folder. That's how you make a "playground copy".

Have fun! (And don't forget to keep us abreast of any discoveries)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp