• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window Name File

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2007 Apr 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating a web help project using Robohelp 5, I am having problems with the name of the help window on my production server. The name of the help file is the same as the project file after I compile it but the issue occurs when I upload the help file to our production servers,.
The name of the help window changes to the name of a previous project that I don't want. My suspicion is when the upload team moves my help files onto production they are over writing the files but for some reason the file that contols the name of the window is not being replaced.

Does anyone know the name of this file so that I can just go in and delete it and replace it with the new one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project title is inserted into the header of the Start Page as the <title>Project Name</title> and is case sensitive.

My current project is named Help and my Start Page is index.htm which, when launched, displays the title Help in the browser title bar.

Set the Start Page name on the first screen of the Generate Primary Layout (WebHelp) sequence from the File menu (Select Output Folder and Start Page).

Sounds like your Start Page is not being updated on the server. Do you generate and then request a FULL project overwrite or only "updated files"? I suggest publishing the full project so nothing gets left behind.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set all that correctly in primary output and when I open up the help file it is titled correctly. It's also titled correctly when I view it in the QA env. but when it gets moved to production, it's named incorrectly. I wonder if the server itself is cacheing the information?

I request that they deploy the whole folder but I suspect they might only be deploying changed files. I'll have to confirm with them.

thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: gthomson_ca
I wonder if the server itself is cacheing the information?

I request that they deploy the whole folder but I suspect they might only be deploying changed files. I'll have to confirm with them.

Could be a caching issue and/or 100% deployment issue.

Ask for 100% re-deployment with over write, then ask to bounce the server(s).

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2008 Feb 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a year later, I am having the same project with RH6. I tried using the Window properties to change the Window caption, which the help says to do, but it didn't work.
I wonder if I need to rename my starting help file. I am loathe to do so because all my files are under source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Victorial -

The title is the name of your project. You don't change the title from window properties. Change your project name from:

File &gt; Rename Project...

Enter new project name CASE SENSITIVE and this will show up in the title.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp