Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get ADE to work on windows 10

pc95

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asking that question for over a week now. I got one possible solution from this forum earlier. It hasn't worked for me but some people say it works for them.

The problem will  occur once ADE is closed and re-opened.    So you have to do the fix every time you use ADE to download a book.

1. For Overdrive - select book and click download. - pop up - select --save file.-- Under Open With select --acsm_auto_file -download acsm file to your download directory.

2. Open file explorer - go to OS (C:)--expand

---- go to Program files (x86) -expand

-----go to Adobe -expand

---- go Adobe Digital Editions and left click.

---- On right hand side of screen Right click Digitaleditions.exe.

--- Pop up menu - left click PROPERTIES

----Pop up choose COMPATIBILITY

--- at the top of the compatibility menu choose Run Compatibility troubleshooter

--- Pop up  choose TroubleShoot Program

--- Pop up  choose The Program worked in earlier versions of windows etc

---- left click NEXT

---- POP up -- Which version etc? Choose I DON'T KNOW

---- left click NEXT

--- POP up - Left click  Test Program-

----AT THE BOTTOM TOOL BAR of the Window's Screen a FLASHING ICON will appear -- Left click Icon -  a pop up will ask if you want this program to change etc. Left click yes.

3. ADE will Open ---  Make sure that ADE is in the Library View -

---- Left click FILE and then choose ADD TO LIBRARY in the drop down menu.

---- POP UP---- Lower right corner choose  acsm file type

---- left hand side of pop up choose the directory where you downloaded the ACSM file.

---- Highlight the ACSM file in right side of window and left click OPEN

--- this should work, but you will have to go through the whole routine if you close ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, sounds really complicated but I will have a go at it. I can't get over the fact that the only help for ADE is to use the forum, that's according to an e-mail I had from adobe today.

pc95

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems like running it as administrator fixes it. Try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get ADE to work by going to ADE folder properties and sharing, read/write. I did same for "Documents" folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the sharing settings on the folder where ADE stores ebooks to Everyone, worked for me, too. Finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got mine to work by installing ADE 3.0.  You can find the link for it at the bottom of the download page for ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, it all ends up with the same, it is a problem of permissions. Win 10 has not done it properly, so allowing share, or run as administrator with more privileges, or changing the version you use works. It is a shame though that such things happen. You would think microsoft had been in touch with adobe and others to make sure those lousy problems don't happen. Mozilla's CEO tweeted about his disappointment facing the compatibility problems, saying it was like going back 1 years... True, I'm really disappointed by Microsoft. Wondering what will happen before 2020, when they stop support for win . Maybe the chromebooks will be better and more apps will make them comparable to a win laptop... Otherwise, no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines