• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Page

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to rename the page that my WebHelp Pro project uses as its Start Page. I've played around with a few things, but it always uses the existing page.

Is there a 'backdoor' fix?

Ta,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008
Hi, I've managed to work it out by a process of elimination!

I looked in every project file for a reference to my current Start Page. It turns out that the WebHelp Pro.ssl project file holds the filename of the Start Page. You just need to edit the DestinationProjectName line, recompile your project and hey presto!

Thanks for your time anyway guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the first field of the first page of the wizard. That is what defines the name of the start page.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for WebHelp not WebHelp Pro. WebHelp Pro only asks for an output folder.

I think it takes the Start Page name from the name you initially use to create the WebHelp Pro project, but there must be a way to change this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only got access to RH7 at the moment but the second field asks for Output Folder and Start Page.

Have you looked along the path to see if a filename is defined?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running X5 and it only lets you select an output folder. I've checked along the path and there's no filename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does let you type a filename in, but all that does is create a subfolder with that name (as HKabaker has already tried). I'm sure I've seen somewhere that you can edit one of the project files to change the Start Page, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe I dreamt it!

Thanks for you help, I'll keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jop22

Have you tried clicking File --> Rename Project? Perhaps that's the answer for WebHelp Pro?

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, tried that, but still hangs on to the same Start Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, I've managed to work it out by a process of elimination!

I looked in every project file for a reference to my current Start Page. It turns out that the WebHelp Pro.ssl project file holds the filename of the Start Page. You just need to edit the DestinationProjectName line, recompile your project and hey presto!

Thanks for your time anyway guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, jop22,

I haven't generated WebHelp Pro, but today I tested it in RH 7.

The dialog says Output Folder and Start Page

The default path in the dialog is ...\..\!SSL!\WebHelp_Pro

with no launch filename specified.

I modified it to

...\..\!SSL!\WebHelp_Pro\help.htm

as in WebHelp output, but RH made a folder called help.htm and put the output inside, so the generated path is:

...\..\!SSL!\WebHelp_Pro\help.htm\myprojectname.htm

Is this normal behavior?
Is this normal behaviour?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp