• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 Scheduler getting NULL pointer error in CF Administrator.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF11 Scheduler getting NULL pointer error in CF Administrator.

This issue showed up in my production environment immediately following a restart of the Cold Fusion services to recover from a JVM OutOfMemoryError.   We have identified what caused the OutOf Memory error and have implemented code changes to prevent this in the future however now the scheduler isn't accessable via CF Admin. I'm thinking a file may have gotten corrupted in the scheduler during the OutOfMemory event. I have redundant application servers so I simply moved all my scheduled tasks to the other server until I can sort this out. Otherwise the server works fine. I made a archive of the server settings back a month or so ago, I'm wondering if I import that archive in through packaging and deployment if it might fix the corrupt file. I've also read some post about replacing the \cfusioninstance\lib\neo-cron.xml to resolve the issue. I wonder if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

CF11AdminSchedulerError.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Yes, that will work. You need to restart Cf Application Service after replacing the file.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file size of neo-cron.xml and neo-cron.bak at \cfusioninstance\lib\ ?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've determined that the neo-cron.xml and neo-cron.bak is actually empty on the main instance. I plan to copy the file from one of the other locations and see if that will resolve my issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that will work. You need to restart Cf Application Service after replacing the file.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation