• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template-Create Duplicate

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2008 Feb 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the easiest way to create a duplicate template? (Trying to create the framework for one template but need for various locations)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marvinwalker

I would think the easiest way would be to create a new topic based on the template you wish to duplicate, massage it a bit to contain the differences, then right-click the topic, choose add to and finally Template Gallery.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have text in a box and when I try to do that the template shell will not allow me to change text....so that did not work....sorry. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2008 Feb 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again marvinwalker

Sorry for the delay, Adobe took the forums down unexpectedly for an extended period.

I'm not sure I follow you here. I need more information. Where do you have text in a box? Even if you are modifying the actual Template page, normally one may edit things there. The edit are just looks a bit different.

Please provide more information and I'm pretty sure you can get what you need.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template that I have a particular area in a table. I would like to make another template with a similar table but with different text in the box....copy and paste perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2008 Feb 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template that I have a particular area in a table. I would like to make another template with a similar table but with different text in the box....copy and paste perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to cut/paste. You can just follow Rick's instructions. Create a new topic using the old template. Then amend the template as you require and then use the Add to Template Gallery popup menu item. This allows you to create a new template based on your changes.

If you are saying your template contains a table that does not allow you to edit the text inside it, we will need more details. Is the table in a header or footer? If so, double click on the header or footer to open the editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Perfect...worked line a charm.....THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp