• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player v. 18.0.0.232 repeatedly disconnects at about 30% during download. Windows 7, IE 11. What is the fix?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no version of Adobe Flash Player installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KNOB44,

This is the online installer that appears to be failing to download the installer further.  The online installer log files should provide information was to why this is happening, presuming you have a good/solid internet connection.  To obtain the log files, please do the following:

1. Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to the %temp% directory, usually C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside the %temp% directory.  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
    1. To create the empty text file, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    2. Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  3. Download and run the online installer again until it stops.
  4. Close the installer dialog window
  5. Go to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs and upload both files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log using the instructions How to share a document
  6. Post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply.

In the mean time, the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows should work fine.  Please do provide the online installer log files to enable us to troubleshoot the failure.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URL to uploaded files: https://cloud.acrobat.com/folder/31ef6470-ef9b-45d6-aa50-ae042bd7d44e

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KNOB44,

I'm getting a 'file not found' error using the posted URL.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested my posted URL and it connects for me.   Here it is again:

https://cloud.acrobat.com/folder/31ef6470-ef9b-45d6-aa50-ae042bd7d44e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I attempted to use the offline installer posted at the bottom of Installation problems|Flash Player|Windows. The installation failed – error message: The install_flash_player_ax.exe download was interrupted.

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KNOB44,

For some reason I'm still getting 'file not found' error.  Did you select 'public link'?

If you're getting 'download was interrupted' error trying to download the offline installer, the issue may not be related to the online installer, and appears to be something else.

Do you have a firewall enabled?

Do you have anti-virus software installed, if so, which one?

Are you using a proxy server?

All installers are downloaded via HTTPS, are you able to download other files (via https) using IE or is this only happening to Flash Player installer files?

Have you tried using a different browser to download the installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not select the public link.   The instructions were somewhat vague and out of date - I did not see that option.  If you could give me some guidance, will try again.

I have Norton Internet Security installed with firewall enabled.  Have not experienced problems with Norton current version or with firewall.

Not using proxy server

I frequently use IE to download update files, most recent:

Adobe Air   7/15

Adobe Reader  7/15

Adobe Shockwave  8/17

iTunes  8/19

I have Chrome installed, already has the latest Adobe Flash installed.  Attempted to use Chrome to download/install Adobe Flash Player for IE 11.  Download disconnected at about 30%, same as HTTPS.

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I successfully created an anonymous link this time. 

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday afternoon I was able to select the public link and uploaded my files: Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log. Am using Norton Internet Security with firewall enabled. Am able to frequently download other files using IE including Adobe Reader and Shockwave. Only issue is with Flash Player installer. I tried to use Chrome (which has Flash enabled) to download the Flash installer for IE. Same issue: disconnected during download. I attempted to update our previous discussion thread and was no longer active, update failed. KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/1bb9fc61-5d10-4ea6-b6b3-77b829c0bf5f ink to shared uploaded log files. KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KNOB44

I do see a download error in the online installer log file and have forwarded the log file to the online installer team.

Can you try downloading the offline installer again (Flash Player for Internet Explorer - ActiveX)‌ using a browser other than IE?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Chrome to successfully download and install Adobe Flash Player for IE.  It appears in my control panel list of installed programs, version 18.0.0.232. installed today.    I closed and re-opened IE.  IE Add-ons now lists under Adobe Systems:

Shockwave Flash Object.    Enabled

Previously Adobe Shockwave was listed and no longer is. (was installed on 8/17/15 and still appears on my control panel list of installed programs.

Does "Shockwave Flash Object include both Shockwave and Flash Player in IE?

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have gone to Adobe test web sites for both Flash & Shockwave and confirmed I now have the latest versions of both Adobe Flash and Shockwave in my IE 11.  

The IE "Manage Add-ons" under Adobe Systems now shows:

Shockwave Active X Control v 12.1.9

Shockwave Flash Object v 18.0.0.232

Flash working fine now in IE.  Thanks for your help.

Will continue using the offline installer with Chrome to update Flash in IE until the download disconnect in IE issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

I just noted that I cannot download PDF files in Adobe Reader using IE 11. Download disconnects before completion.

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI KNOB44,

If you're not able to download anything using IE, the issue is with some setting in IE that is configured to not download anything.  One place to look is in the Security Settings for Internet Zone and ensure that File Downloads is enabled (Internet Options > Security > Internet > Custom level > Downloads > File Download = enabled)

Capture.JPG

If it is enabled you may want to try resetting IE (see Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Windows Help).  Note that resetting IE will reset IE to it's original settings, resulting in the loss of any bookmarks, add-ons, etc.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My file downloads in IE is enabled.   Am reluctant to reset IE at this time.  Restoring loss of  bookmarks and add-ons would be a real hassle.   Will continue for the time being to use Chrome as a workaround and will work more with the IE download issue as time permits.

Thanks

KNOB44

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines