Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 1304 - robohelpx3

Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to re-install robohelpx3 on pc running winxp. Receive error 41% into install: "Error 1304 Error writing to c:\program files\robohelp office\robohelp\whatsths\tutorial\dll.dll. verify that you have access to that directory." All robo folders readonly. Signed in as administrator but unable to change permissions. Help! Upgrade is not an option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nickpen and welcome to the RH community.
You must have full administrator rights to be able to install RH. THIS is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
I am in the Administrators group. Is there a specific right which I need to set?
Thanks
nickpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All of them! I can't be much more help than this as I'm not a system administrator. You need to get your IT people to assign you all the administrator rights so you install. End of!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still receive error; confirmed by IT that I have all administrator rights and permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2008 Feb 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This error message suggests an access issue. The clue is in the words "verify that you have access to that directory". If your IT people say you have access, ask them why the program says you haven't. In my experience IT often say you have full access but in reality you don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp