• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 6 and 7 when used on Windows 2003.

Participant ,
Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I read that the latest version of RoboHelp (RH7) does not work on Windows 2003. See http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/productinfo/systemreqs/ for RH7's OS requirements. RH7 is certified for Vista, XP and 2000; but not 2003. Isn't that surprising? Does anyone know what are the issues with using Windows 2003 and RH7?

Surprisingly, the online help for RH6 says RH6 is certified on OS Windows 2000 SP4 and later which means Windows 2003 should be supported. In that case, why should a later version (RH7) drop support for it?

I ask because we are facing several performance issues using RH6 on Windows 2003 (we just upgraded from Windows 2000). It takes a long time to do just about anything in WebHelp (for RH6). Our project is huge and uses Visual SourceSafe for version control. We didn't have any such problems using RH6 on Windows 2000.

Thanks,
Kutra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2008 Feb 05, 2008
Kutra. Do you mean Windows Server 2003? If so, you can't use RH6 or any other version from a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 2003 is a server operating system. RH7 is not designed to work from a server.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kutra. Do you mean Windows Server 2003? If so, you can't use RH6 or any other version from a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a time lag out there in cyberspace. I trod on your toes 17 minutes ago Peter and only just realised it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, for your responses. It was Windows Server 2003.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused. We recently purchased RoboHelp 7 installed (on my computer with XP) and RoboHelp 7 Server that is running on Windows Server 2003 R2. Are you saying that I can't run it on this server? I am getting errors when I try to publish, so not sure if it is due to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's just RH7 that you use to create the topics that cannot be run on a server. RoboHelp 7 Server must be run on a server.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp